12 May 2014

2b or nt 2b: our stories matter

More from the characters of the 1st Gear Productions youth theatre double bill ... this week on drama on the waterfront, we get a peek at an online chat between Hamlet and Antigone of 2b or nt 2b.


Hamlet and Antigone chat online about their plans for the evening.

YORICK says...
Hey. You there?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Of course. Can't you see it says I'm online? Idiot
YORICK says...
OK well you don't have to be nasty. You messaged me and asked me to come back online, remember?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Stop whining and let's just get on with this OK?
YORICK says...
Then what do you want? And I'm not whining!
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Sure you're not.
I just wanna make sure that we leave a proper record of what we’re doing.
YORICK says...
You mean, going to the bridge?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Yeah.
YORICK says...
Oh, so like everyone will know why we went?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Obviously.
YORICK says...
OK, well, we just met these other teenagers online.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Weirdos, you mean.
YORICK says...
Hey, we haven’t even met them yet! Some of them seemed OK, right? Like ‘Third Sister’ and ‘Seagull’ and ‘Lost in Forest’?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Well that one who called herself ‘Head Girl’ seems like a bossy bitch.
YORICK says...
Yeah, maybe.
So we’re all going to meet tonight on the ‘Bridge to Nowhere.’
GREEK PRINCESS
If you even show up. I know I’ll be there.
YORICK says...
One more second around my uncle and I’ll actually go crazy. I’ll be there.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
And that’s why you’re going?
YORICK says...
Yeah well, like, my life is really tragic and dark and I don’t like my mum and I REALLY don’t like my uncle/stepdad, who probably killed my dad. It's probably the worst story you'll ever hear.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Yeah right! My tragedy beats your tragedy hands down. Even half of mine beats all of yours, easy.
YORICK says...
Did your dad come back from the dead to tell you to avenge his death?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
My dad isn't even dead, he's alive and suffering. Which is so much worse. Wanna see a pic?
GREEK PRINCESS sent a photo:
 Dad.jpg


YORICK says...
Whatever. Our stories are more depressing than the others anyway.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
True.
YORICK says...
So do you think people will care about our stories when they read this?
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Hell yeah! People will read this and then they'll realise that their lives are a lot better off than some peoples, and that teenagers’ issues are really important and ones that everyone shares.
YORICK says...
Yeah and that our lives can be pretty crap and it sucks when people don't get it and they just say "Oh you'll get over it". My uncle always says that and I hate it! Hopefully people will understand who we are, and why our stories matter.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Also it will be pretty funny to read this. That stoner ‘Lost In Forest’ chick's a bit of a ditz, eh.
YORICK says...
Yeah, and the ‘Seagull’ with all her “metaphorical” stuff. And I don’t even know what’s going on with the ‘Third Sister.’
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Well I guess we’ll see tonight, eh?
YORICK says...
Guess so.
Oh crap, my Mum’s calling me. I've gotta go back inside.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Inside from where?
YORICK says...
The roof. It’s my secret hiding place.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Haha. What a loser.
YORICK says...
Leave me alone! If I don't go now she'll get my stupid uncle.
GREEK PRINCESS says...
Fine then scaredy-cat. See you on the bridge to nowhere.
YORICK says...
See you on the bridge to nowhere.

YORICK and GREEK PRINCESS have gone offline.


2b or nt 2b and 4 Billion Likes open in Circa Two on 17 May, and run until 1 June. There is a $20 Preview performance on Friday, 16 May and $20 Matinee on Sunday, 18 May. To book, please call the Circa Box Office on 801-7992 or visit www.circa.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment