12 November 2012

Cinderella, the Pantomime: In-depth with the Fairy Godmother


Cinderella's Fairy Godmother takes time from her busy pre-pantomime schedule to answer a few questions for drama on the waterfront.


What's the best thing about being a Fairy Godmother?
It's very rewarding making Cinderella's life a bit better. She has such a hard life. 

What's the worst thing about being a Fairy Godmother?
I can only change little things. I can't change people's choices so it's frustrating for me to not be able to end the terrible things in the world. 

Where do you go out in Wellington?
It's actually really annoying going out as every second person wants me to wave my wand. Plus, alcohol goes straight to my wings. 

Do you know Father Christmas?
Not really. We say Hello up in the clouds sometimes but we're both very busy people so there's not really much time for conversation. 

Do Fairies have meetings?
We don't have meetings as such but we do congregate during inter island travel at the Fairy Terminal. 

Do you have a boyfriend?
No, I'm too busy, but I did have a brief relationship with the Wizard of Christchurch but the long distance thing made it difficult.

What's your favourite food?
Anything with a lot of fibre is good for Fairies as it's useful for takeoff and gives us the lightness to remain in the air. 

Is it cool being able to fly?
Before humans learnt to fly it was a lot easier as now there is so much traffic in the sky.  And planes, rockets and space shuttles can do a lot of damage to a wee Fairy like myself. They're pretty noisy though so I just get out of the way when I hear them coming. 

Do you like doing the Pantomime?
It is an absolute joy for a Fairy Godmother to spend so much time with children and their families. It makes my wand twinkle to see so many people in the audience laughing and having a happy time.


Cinderella, the Pantomime opens on Saturday, 17 November and runs until 23 December, returning after Christmas for a two week season 2-12 January. There are still tickets available for the $25 Preview on Friday, 16 November but the $25 Special on Sunday, 18 November has SOLD OUT. To book, call the Circa Box Office on 801-7992 or visit www.circa.co.nz.

No comments:

Post a Comment